Dr. Kelly is a board-certified vascular surgeon at Sanford Health. After graduating with a civil engineering degree, he worked as a structural engineer before attending medical school at the University of South Dakota.
- Medical Director for commercialization at Sanford Health, the Sanford Advanced Aortic Program and the Sanford Wound Clinic
- Pioneered several surgeries including the first complete endovascular aortic arch aneurysm repair in the world
- Medical device inventor with over 125 issued or pending patents
- Advises the FDA and the Society for Vascular Surgeons on clinical trials for complex aneurysm repair
- Published a template to guide vascular surgeons through the process of applying for and conducting physician-sponsored investigational device studies